The R5 makes no compromises as an ultralight race machine first and foremost. Team Dimension Data’s World Tour riders also praise its new pro fit, stable and responsive handling, and unrivaled stiffness. No wonder Bernie Eisel calls it “the perfect bike for stage racing,” with Omar Fraile demonstrating as much by powering it to glory in the 100th Giro d’Italia. The R5 sets new benchmarks for performance, usability, and confidence-boosting control.
- BBright: This asymmetrical 79mm bottom bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems
- Future-proof cable management: Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems
- Carbon dropouts: Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal
- Unique aero seatpost: D-shaped seatpost promotes compliance, and performance-enhancing comfort, without changing the distance between the saddle and the pedals
- Evolved steerer design: Applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model for precision handling
- Squoval Max tube shapes: New ultra-light shapes deliver a 14-gram aero improvement while fortifying cross-sections to improve stiffness
|Fork||Cervelo All-Carbon, Tapered R5 Fork|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-1/2"|
|Bottom Bracket||Compatible with PF30 Threaded|
|Seat Post||Cervélo Carbon Aero SP18|
* Subject to change without notice.